Leg Exercise: High Bar Back Squats
Hams, Glutes, Lower Back
Proper Exercise Technique
- Bar rests high on the traps
- Back out of the rack slowly
- Feet are less than shoulder-width apart
- Head is up and back is straight
- Inhale a deep breath of air and begin descending by bending at the hips and knees
- During the descent, the buttocks stay in line with the body, knees extend over the insteps of the feet.
- When you reach the point where the top of the thighs are parallel to the floor, forcefully push back to the erect position breathing out as you do so.
- Don't allow the knees to drift towards each other.
- Don't allow the back to bend forward or "cave in".
High Bar Back Squats Exercise- Start
High Bar Back Squats Exercise - Finish
High Bar Back Squats Exercise Video
Return to the Exercise Database - Exercise Video Guide
More Quad Exercises
More Leg Exercises