10 Key Factors For Bench Pressing More Weight by Mike Westerdal of CriticalBench.com
1. Desire. If you don't want it bad enough it will never happen.
2. Consistency. You can't keep skipping workouts or only going when you feel like it.
3. Confidence. You have to believe you can do it or you never will. You have to accept
in your own mind that you are capable of great things. If you don't believe it yourself
your mind and body won't allow it to happen.
4. Stay Positive. Don't look at things in a negative light, always think positive.
5. God. Thank God for giving you the ability to play and keeping you safe.
6. Partners. Training partners, not life partners. Ofcourse a supportive spouse is also very important, because you're going
to need to put in some serious hours. Surround yourself with people who are stronger than you are and learn from them and support each other.
7. Do heavy triples once a week for 5 sets.
8. Do three heavy weeks than take a deload week where you do light work or speed work. Tips 7 & 8 were taught to me at Tampa Barbell.
9. Don't just bench....do your assistance exercises, train all body parts. Top neglected body parts include rear deltoids and lats.
10. Never give up. Failing is part of improving. It's a learning process. Keep your head up, don't get down
on yourself for making a mistake. Mistakes are needed to make progress.