Dave Ruel's Lemon & Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Makes 6 Servings
- 3 good-sized sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of one half lemon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Prepare a large baking dish by spraying Cooking Spray
3. Place sweet potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer until just tender. Donít overcook the sweet potatoes Ė you want them a bit firm. They will finish cooking in the oven.
4. Drain sweet potatoes and set aside to cool. Peel if desired. Cut into rounds 1/4-inch thick and lay them in the baking dish. Donít overlap the pieces of potato.
5. In a heavy saucepan place apple juice, nutmeg, cinnamon, lemon zest and salt. Simmer over low heat for several minutes. Add olive oil and lemon juice. Stir well. Pour over the sweet potatoes.
6. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake the sweet potatoes for 20 minutes
More Recipes By Dave Ruel
Return to the Bodybuilding Recipes Archive