- Technique - drive feet down, squeeze bar as hard as you can
- Strength - heavy rack lockouts (also helps to strength connective
tissues), pin press at and around sticking point (isometrically pressing
against the power cage pins), various height board presses (2, 3, 4 board),
heavy tricep work, pull-ups, band assisted bench press, plate pinch, rolling
Elbows Flaring Out - What should I do?
- Technique - technique, technique, technique, ensure you are actively
pulling the bar downward as your tuck your elbows toward your sides.
Initially, with this technique, you will not be able to do as much weight.
As you learn the technique and build up your tricep and back strength, you
will be able to do MORE weight and keep your shoulders healthy and strong.
- Strength - pull-ups, heavy tricep work
I'm Weak Off My Chest - What should I do?
- Technique - keep back tight and don't relax! Keep your air that you took
before the movement started and drive your feet downward.
Also, by pulling the bar apart you maintain the tension in your lats which
helps you stay tight.
- Strength - mini-band resisted bench press, pin press at and around
sticking point (isometrically pressing against the power cage pins), floor
press (dumbbells, barbell or football / swiss / log
bar) more back work including seated rows, face pulls, pull-ups